The Karate Dream Festival 2016 International Championship will be held on August 6-7 at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium.
Overseas competitors are invited to this year’s tournament, and we expect many competitors from various countries to visit Japan for the tournament.
The relevant documents can be downloaded from the following link, and competitors from other organizations, who are able to follow the competition rules and various guidelines, and also arrange their own hotel and visa, are invited to participate in the event as well.
For those who are interested, please read through all of the documents very carefully.
We would also like for all to confirm the following points, before sending us the application forms.
1. There will be no financial support from the organizer (JKO) of the event.
2. We request that we receive the necessary documents by e-mail first, and the original documents later on by registered air mail.
3. We will ask for all to strictly follow the various deadlines (mostly May 25), for we will not accept any applications after it.
4. There are 128 categories in this event. Please confirm the criteria for each category carefully, and choose the correct category (such as age and weight, and for Rookies, belt color)
5. Since the Rookie categories (only WKO members) are new, please read through the instructions carefully and confirm the requirements for participation before applying for the category.
6. The tournament draw is scheduled to be announced in late July. No cancellations or substitution of competitors will be accepted after June 25 (Sat.). Competitors who wish to cancel their participation after this deadline, will be required to make the payment for their participation fee.
7. Please confirm the protector guideline very carefully, and prepare the necessary items for participation.
8. Please also confirm that we may not be able to accept participation from Branches that have not made their Annual Fee 2016 payment, especially those who need visa support from WKO.
9. As was the case with previous tournaments (Dream Cup), participants will be expected to travel to and from the airport, and to and from the tournament venue, completely on their own.
*There will be no bus transportation arranged by the organizer
Please be sure to send all necessary documents by the presented deadline.